What is VoIP?
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is an alternative to traditional phone service delivered by a conventional telephone communications provider over cabling. As a well-established, route for organisations to unlock cost savings on business voice communications, VoIP is not a new technology and is not a high-risk way to manage your business calls. The vast majority of businesses that switch to VoIP from traditional telephones unlock massive cost savings, simpler contact centre management, and more features.
Benefits of VoIP vs. Alternatives
VoIP isn't an alternative to Unified Communications as a service (UCaaS), because UCaaS services include VoIP calling. VoIP is the right choice for some organisations. Organisations who need more straightforward, cheaper phone calling, VoIP is a valuable option for:
- Overall monthly cost cuts, with internal, local and international calls.
- Simplified phone management, including the instant ability to add and remove phone lines
- Cost-effective contact centre management.
- Add-on features such as; automated call distribution, interactive voice recognition and remote phone line management options.
- Take work with you, with mobile-friendly applications.
To learn more about the benefits of VoIP check out --> This Article
What is UCaaS?
Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) provides a cloud-based business communications system across multiple channels and devices. UCaaS combines phone service, video conferencing, team messaging, SMS, fax, and other communications tools on a single integrated cloud platform. UCaaS is structured to be used from any device.
Benefits of UCaaS vs. Alternatives
UCaaS isn't an alternative to VoIP, but it's not uncommon for organisations to consider whether to implement VoIP or a UCaaS implementation.
However, organisations trying to decide between UCaaS and a hosted VoIP-only implementation may prefer UCaaS if their needs include:
- Lower the total cost of ownership (TCO) across communications and cloud communications tools; you incur no upfront expenses while enjoying a significant cost reduction.
- Integrate video features, including video conferencing, web conferencing, and screen sharing
- Simplified interface and management across multiple sites or locations, RingCentral has an awesome simplified, single functions screen.
- When built to scale globally, UCaaS solutions can support your organisation anywhere. The cloud makes it easy to add phone lines and features for new employees and offices – with admins able to handle configurations on a dashboard.
- Increase productivity and decrease error by integrating data across apps, including Microsoft Teams, Hubspot, Salesforce, Servicenow and more. RingCentral offers over 300 app integrations, giving you the power to personalise the platform to your businesses needs.
- Improve the customer experience by unifying channels, including chat, email, and phones. Learn more here about the benefits of omnichannel marketing --> Here
- UCaaS was built for a mobile, global, and distributed workforce – enabling your employees to work the way they want, anytime and anywhere they want. With UCaaS, employees can use any device (e.g., phone, computer, laptop, tablet) for voice, video, texting, conferencing, file sharing, etc.
- Because UCaaS is cloud-based, it enables businesses and IT departments to save money and achieve greater scalability, security, and reliability from business communications.
When searching for any UCaaS provider, make sure it has a solid track record, is well-established, has the staff and resources to work with and deploy technology solutions quickly and without pain, and keeps your most valuable assets secure.
RingCentral has all those attributes in the UCaaS arena, as evidenced by its status as:
- A Gartner UCaaS Magic Quadrant Leader
- The No. 1 UCaaS provider in North America, according to IHS Markit
- The No. 1 cloud communications provider worldwide in both revenue and subscriber seats, according to Synergy Research Group
Get a closer look at RingCentral's UCaaS solution and sign up for a personal demo or free trial today.
VoIP vs. UCaaS: Which One is Best for My Business?
Is VoIP or UCaaS the right choice for your business? Ultimately, that depends on your organisation, your technology roadmap, and your communication needs.
1. Do You Need Video?
2. Are You Trying to Achieve Flexible, Multi-Media Communications?
3. Do You Need Smarter, Integrated Collaboration?
4. What Kind of Flexibility Do You Need?
5. Do You Need Tougher Security and Smarter Troubleshooting?
If you are still unsure, email Justin@ringuc.com.au to discuss your options and what is best suited to your business, we can set you up with a free trial and exclusive insight report into your current account.